Endorsements V-picks Souldier Celestion D'Addario Lessons

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Chicago on Thursday - Detroit on Friday
  • CHICAGO HERE WE COME!
    JIM CAMPILONGO TRIO with CHRIS MORRISSEY, AND KENNY WOLLESEN
    HUNGRY BRAIN
    SEPTEMBER 5 SHOWTIME 8PM
    2319 W. BELMONT AVE
CHICAGO, IL 60618
    https://www.jamusa.com/event/1854883-jim-campilongo-trio-chicago/

DETROIT HERE WE COME!
    JIM CAMPILONGO TRIO WITH CHRIS MORRISSEY AND KENNY WOLLESEN
    DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS
    FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 6- SHOWTIMES 7:00 PM AND 8:30 PM
    5200 WOODWARD AVE
    DETROIT, MI
  • We really enjoyed the Chicago show at The Hungry Brain. I've seen the Trio four times in the past few years (Chicago, Madison, WI) and loved every performance...but this one hit some peaks I'd never heard before. It was a privilege to watch the musical communication between you and Chris Morrissey....and that drum solo by Kenny Wollesen is etched in my brain forever! I gave you a couple Fusion V-picks after the show...and was surprised when you said that you could HEAR when they were worn out. But of course...you're Jim Campilongo...and I too was puzzled as to why Starbucks didn't recognize you and stay open past 8pm! I guess we're just country-bumpkins here:( Seriously, I hope these annual midwest journeys are worthwhile for the Trio.....you guys create major musical vibes and leave a lot of very happy people in your wake!
  • Danny - It was a pleasure seeing you and your post made me laugh. Thank you for the picks too, I used one the following night. "...drum solo by Kenny Wollesen is etched in my brain forever!...." I know exactly what you mean!
    Thanks again and if all goes well, we'll see you next year at The Hungry Brain -we love that place.
  • Sorry that I wasn't in the Chi when Jim was in town.

Jim: do you prefer Hungry Brain to Green Mill or the place in Arlington Heights? (I enjoyed seeing you in both places although for me, Arlington Heights wasn't as convenient as in the city.)
  • I like the Hungry Brain best as a pure music venue. As a "visitor" I like the Green Mill. Both are great.
  • As an audience member for both places: The sound in The Hungry Brain was dramatically better than the sound in The Green Mill..(and The Green Mill sound was pretty good!) A great sounding room. A nice, deep stage too which I'm sure the performers appreciate.
    Attachments
    HungryBrain.jpg 24K

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!