Endorsements V-picks Souldier Celestion D'Addario Lessons

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Celestion G10 Vintage vs. Weber 10F150T
  • Has anyone a/b tested a Celestion G10 Vintage vs. Weber 10F150T? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
  • Hi Geetar- Me? I tried two Weber speakers, can't remember which - I prefer Celestion
  • There's a new one out there, Eminence makes it, it's supposed to be the "best thing yet to a vintage Jensen"... it's called the GA-SC64. Guthrie Trapp (Nashville monster player and tone lover) was talking about it on FB.... he's a vintage Fender guy, he plays a Princeton, Deluxe, or Vibrolux 99% of the time... famous for his tele playing.... "this is THE best replacement speaker for Fender amps, I've been looking for this speaker for years!"

disclaimer: he is endorsed by Eminence, but he's a straight-shooter, and very picky about tone.
  • I've tried the Eminence GA-SC64 (actually tried both the 10" and 12" versions). Love them both. I can't say how them compare to a vintage Jensen, as I've never played through one. But compared to the current issue Jensens, I like these much better. They're warmer but still chimey. And they seem to hold up better at all volumes.
  • Weber makes many different flavors of speakers. The 10F150T sounds great in a Princeton Reverb.
  • Agreed, @Professortwang. I have a 10F150T (25W model) in a '68 PRRI. I use it as my "Americana" amp, meaning it breaks up nicely, and fairly early.

I'm still debating on what to install in a '65 PRRI, however. Jim's recommendation for the Celestial G10 Vintage is well received, and currently at the top of my list. But I'm also chatting with Mike/Magic Amps and CJ/Weber Speakers to try and decipher what their proprietary design is for the Vibro Prince and Vibro Deluxe amps. How this conversation does/does not unfold will probably make the decision for me.

But I'm still open to suggestions, of course...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!