Endorsements V-picks Souldier Celestion D'Addario Lessons

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Christmas Guitar Albums
  • 'Tis the season...and I'm already tired of the usual Christmas albums (Ba Humbug!). So, I was thinking that this like minded group would have some recommendations for fresh holiday albums. I'd love guitar-oriented discs, but happy for any and all suggestions.

To get the ball rolling, I'm digging these recent releases. All feature guitars prominently.

Joel Patterson's "Hi​-​Fi Christmas Guitar"
    https://devilinawoodpile.bandcamp.com/album/hi-fi-christmas-guitar

JD McPherson's "Socks"
    https://jdmcphersonjr.bandcamp.com/album/socks

Discuss!
  • It’s hard to beat Vince Gueraldi’s soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas. Jethro Tull’s Christmas album is another favorite- especially A Christmas Song. And I have to hear the following individual songs for it to really be Christmas:

Wonderful Christmas Time - McCartney
    So This Is Christmas - Lennon
    Is That You, Santa Clause? - Buster Poindexter
    Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
    Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Elmo and Patsy
    Walking Round in Womens Underwear - Bob Rivers
  • And how can I forget- A Motown Christmas! A double album from 1973. It got a LOT of airplay when I was growing up in Detroit.
  • For several years that the Christmas tradition in my houses includes the following albums:

Bob Dylan Christmas in the Heart
    The Jethro Tull Christmas Album
    Jim Campilongo Almost Christmas

Saludos!
  • I've been meaning to pick up the JD McPherson one.... big fan.

The Mavericks just released an Xmas album: Hey! Merry Christmas!

I have alot of OLD go-to stuff at Christmas time... not just Christmas music, but I listen to alot of older jazz at this time of year, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole/Trio, Glen Miller/Tommy Dorsey/Benny Goodman....

Also a huge Brian Setzer fan, and his Brian Setzer Orchestra Xmas albums are all alot of fun! (for those who don't know, he's not just "the stray cats", he's a KILLER player...)
  • John Fahey has a few Christmas records, all worth your time.
  • The Venture's Christmas Album..they do "Sleigh Ride!"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!