Endorsements V-picks Souldier Celestion D'Addario Lessons

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
NEW! VIDEO LESSON BY MAIL - AUTUMN LEAVES CHORD MELODY
  • NEW! VIDEO LESSON BY MAIL - AUTUMN LEAVES CHORD MELODY
    Video recorded in a basic front one shot here from my Brooklyn apartment - Autumn Leaves Chord Melody demonstrates a chord melody that can work as a solo guitar piece, or function perfectly in a group context. Also included is an arrangement of walking bass with jazz chords that is reminiscent of a organ comp. After you master the walking bass it’s likely the “walking bass” can be applied to hundreds of standards. It’s a fun lesson and Autumn Leaves Chord Melody would be a great addition to your repertoire. $30
    Intermediate/Advanced
    http://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3254878
  • Great, Jim! Just bought the lesson!! Looking forward to checking out this new format! :-)
  • Thank you!
  • Dear Jim
    Exciting news!
    Question: does it come also with sheet music/ JC style notation?
    Best
    Habe
  • Habe, I just bought it. There are multiple PDFs: Notation "campilongo style"!
  • Thanks, Ianstrike, for answeing my question. Much appreciated.
  • Attachments
    11.jpg 23K
  • Rogerio - Thank you for the thumbs up, I really appreciate it. It's hard to keep up with technology, but I'm trying! I think video is a good format. Thank you for buying the lesson and your feedback. Have a great day- Jim

• Hola a todos!

I just completed the lesson.I really loved the video format: For some instamtes I felt transported from my southern and quite Chile to Jim´s apartment in the crazy Brookling.
    we look forward to more video lessons.
    Un abrazo

JIG
  • JIG- That's lovely- thank you!
  • Just got around to a sample clip ...

VIDEO LESSON BY MAIL - AUTUMN LEAVES CHORD MELODY
    Sample Clip

Easy Download http://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3254878
    Video recorded in a basic front one shot here from my Brooklyn apartment - Autumn Leaves Chord Melody demonstrates a chord melody that can work as a solo guitar piece, or function perfectly in a group context. Also included is an arrangement of walking bass with jazz chords that is reminiscent of a organ comp. After you master the walking bass it’s likely the “walking bass” can be applied to hundreds of standards. It’s a fun lesson and Autumn Leaves Chord Melody would be a great addition to your repertoire.
    $30
    Intermediate/Advanced
  • This is a great lesson, I'm enjoying it too, thank you!
  • You are welcome and thank YOU.
  • Funny enough, I wasn't going to order this one as I have several of Jim's lessons that I haven't found time to complete. But then a few nights ago, I was driving home from an Astros game with my 10 year old son. He asked me what kind of music I like. I got really excited because he's never asked me that. So I told him. He then starts telling me that he likes country, heavy metal, and jazz. "Jazz?" I asked. "Really? I like jazz, too." So he then goes on to tell me that he created a jazz playlist on Spotify and says, "My favorite song is called, 'Autumn Leaves.'" I was shocked. I remembered that Jim just recently put up this lesson. So I asked him if he would like me to learn it. He got really excited and said, "yes." So here I am, going through the lesson, which is excellent as always...maybe even better than the older lessons I have because it includes video.

So thank you, Jim, for helping to bring me closer to my son. I like to think my son and I are pretty close. But he's also at that age where he'd prefer to hang out with his friends than me. So this lesson comes at a perfect time. And as a pretty cool bonus, he asked me if he could take up trumpet. Apparently a jazz quartet came to his school last year, and he really took to the sound of the trumpet. I'm so I'm really on cloud nine!
  • That's really amazing -thank you for your touching post. Music, at it's best, is about family and community.
  • I'm enjoying this video lesson too! Learning these standards (Over The Rainbow, Stardust, Funny Valentine...) has allowed me to actually pull off a couple totally solo gigs! Thank You! (I just sit myself in a corner in a Winery tasting room and kind of enjoy being ignored.) Such a nice break from my classic-rock cover band gig.
  • You made my day! That's what it's all about. Thank you
  • You're welcome! (And I see The Velvet Undergound w/Nico album in the backround...I love that album!)
  • Attachments
    gary.jpg 656K
  • Well...this album would be hard to resist at .99!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!